Ideation Office of Innovation Tools includes four distinctive applications (core competencies) each supported with a) software tools; b) education; c) analytical services and d) publications. Ideation’s four applications (core competencies) are:
Inventive Problem Solving (IPS) – helps individuals solve complex problems by supporting both the analytical and solution-synthesis stages of problem solving. The IPS process is organized into four steps: 1) Document the problem; 2) Formulate the problem; 3) Generate ideas and develop solution concepts; and 4) Evaluate results and plan implementation. This comprehensive approach provides critical assistance for solving previously unsolvable problems and improving existing situations.
IPS application is supported by the following software:
- Innovation WorkBench® (IWB) – professional tool designed to support the process of addressing the most challenging technological problems using proprietary analysis technique and unique knowledge base to generate a comprehensive set of inventive solutions
- Knowledge Wizard® (KW) – business tool designed to support decision-making process using proprietary analysis technique and unique knowledge base to generate a comprehensive set of opportunities
- Ideation Brainstorming (IBS) – simplified tool to serve as a personal facilitator designed to help finding inventive solutions in various areas
- Problem Formulator® (PF) – proprietary general purpose analytical tool designed to build graphical cause-effect models of problematic situations and generate practically exhaustive set of potential Directions for Innovation.
Anticipatory Failure Determination (AFD) – an efficient and effective method of analyzing and predicting failures in products and processes. AFD guides users in documenting the situation, formulating the related problem(s), developing hypotheses, verifying potential failure scenarios, and finding solutions to prevent or eliminate the problem(s). It is a unique and powerful approach that favorably impacts costs associated with quality, safety, reliability, recalls, and warranty claims as well as reducing time to market.
AFD application is supported by the following software:
- Ideation Failure Analysis (IFA) – professional tool to support the process of identifying root causes of failures and correcting them in a timely manner using proprietary analysis technique and unique knowledge base
- Ideation Failure Prediction (IFP) – professional tool designed to support the process of identifying before hand and then preventing all harmful events that may possibly associated with the given system using proprietary analysis technique and unique knowledge base
Directed Evolution® (DE) – provides the means to proactively drive innovation and organic growth. DE is a process used to analyze and evaluate a system from both technological and market standpoints, develop a comprehensive set of possible scenarios for future evolution, establish a decisive course of action, secure intellectual capital and define a plan to create next-generation products, processes, and technologies. Directed Evolution helps enterprises develop substantial competitive advantage in a deliberate, systematic manner.
DE application is supported by Directed Evolution® software – professional tool to support the process for building a comprehensive set of prognostic scenarios of evolution of technological and/or business systems based on Patterns of evolution using proprietary analysis technique ad knowledge base.
Intellectual Property Evaluation and Enhancement (IP) – validates and increases the value of proprietary technologies, inventions, patents and patent portfolios. IPC uses computer-assisted processes for the evaluation, opinion formation, and forecasting of inventions and patents, which can have a major impact on increasing IP portfolio value and growth. Our analysis will reveal opportunities for enhancing your IP’s value and protecting it from infringement and circumvention.
IP application is supported by the following software:
- Invention Enhancement – proprietary professional tool designed to support the process of increasing the invention’s value by broadening its application and strengthening its protection by using proprietary analysis technique and unique knowledge base
- Invention Evaluation – proprietary professional tools designed to support the process for the estimation of the invention’s potential by using unique knowledge base. Provided in two versions: abbreviated based on 9 parameters; full version based on 34 parameters
- Disclosure preparation – tool to help an inventor prepare invention disclosure for a provisional or non-provisional patent application.
It is important to note that AFD, DE and IP applications have been originated by and are proprietary to Ideation.